Friday, October 24, 2008

Houston, we have a problem!

Just spent time with an American that has been in Italy over twenty years and learned some startling news. There are no cops on the interstate here, speeds are monitored electronically.

On Wednesday on our way back to Panzano after dropping Tom and Mickey at the airport in Rome I got a bit aggressive. The speed limit was 110 klicks (about 70 mph). Because I had never seen any cops, I was doing 170 klicks (about 105 mph). The problem is there were numerous unmanned electronic speed monitoring point equipped with license plate cameras all along the way that I was unaware of.

Supposedly I will receive notices in 4 to 5 months of the violations and the monetary penalties of each. I may not ever return to Italy.

Damn Big Brother.

No comments: