Friday, October 24, 2008

Kicking Back in Panzano

OK, I know we've been bad. After a couple or three weeks we have had a decompression period with few pictures taken and even fewer posted. I am sitting here having a glass of Toscana La Gioia getting ready to head to the local Coop for some supplies and have dinner reservations at 7:00 so I must be somewhat brief.

Today was for strolling the streets of Panzano getting our bearings for our last week in Italy. Mary J. is on the iTunes and I am mustering the strength for another trip to town.


Outside my favorite butcher's shop (Dario, my main man. We are having dinner at one of his restaurants tonight.). National Geographic was shooting there. Guess its a nature show about the recently departed natural resources.









I will keep posting these but they just don't do it. Ya have to be here.














Our villa is the house to the right in this picture. Our bedroom is the window in the tower. The vision when we get up in the morning is unlike anything I have ever experienced. You can see the vineyards and the olive groves. EAT YOUR HEART OUT!!








This is my sweetheart midway up the hill to the historic fortress of Panzano. Isn't she pretty? Of course she is! I had to stop and sweat and breath really hard. It's no wonder few people ever see it.


It is obvious this dog hangs out in front (or back) of the butcher shop most days. He is extremely fat. The butcher here is chasing him off but I have a sneaking suspicion he will be back.





No comments: